Saturday, November 9, 2013

Principle of Respect

Principle of Respect

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

A  monk, wore a dirty tunic, solicited alms-giving from a rich merchant. The rich merchant mocked the monk's tunic and rebuked the monk.

A couple days later...
 
A monk came with a luxurious tunic to solicit alms-giving from the rich merchant.
The rich man asked his maid to serve deluxe, plush food to the monk.

The monk wore off his tunic, folded it neatly, and put it on the table.
"Yesterday, I came with dirty tunic and you rebuked me. Today, I came with luxurious tunic and you welcomed me. Obviously, these food were not for me yet for this tunic."
 
After that, the monk left the shocked merchant...

Then, the monk concluded,
"If it is not me, but my tunic which is honored; why do I have to be happy?
and 
If it is not me, but what I wear is insulted; why do I have to be sad?

That shows human beings,

People tend to honor other people from what they possess, such as clothes, wealth, status, not as a  PERSON itself.

If you are honored, do not boast yourself..
If you are not honored, do not be anxious and disheartened.. 
Because YOU ARE PRECIOUS and VALUABLE.


   “Do not keep talking so proudly
    or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
    and by him deeds are weighed.
1 Samuel 2:3 

No comments:

Post a Comment