Saturday, July 19, 2014

Do You Forgive Immediately?

Hi! Hi! Hi!
How are you? I hope you are doing great.
It has been a long time I have not written on my blog again. Well, it is my excuses actually. Never mind about it :)

In this special opportunity, I would like to share to you about "Forgiveness". Yes, it is a classic phrase, yet it is still difficult to do in reality, isn't it? I got this inspiration from my pre-dedication when I will be becoming a Sunday school teacher later, but I revised it a little bit without omitting the essence.







I would not share the whole story of Matthew 18:21-35 to you, but I highly suggest you to read the whole passage; so you can have a bigger and clearer picture. This passage will tell you how God teachers us about "Forgiveness.

"Forgive, so you will be forgiven." 

Above-statement does not mean we receive forgiveness from God by forgiving others for their sins to us. This will make our salvation is conditional. 
Apparently, It is the other way around! Above-statement shows that spirit of forgiveness is a characteristic of forgiven people--you and me.

I know it is not easy to forgive someone. Forgiveness is a process of lifetime. I found myself in bitterness and hatred many times.
By sharing this story, I am not saying that I can easily forgive my enemies. I am also still learning how to forgive wholly and sincerely. The very reason I want to share this because I realized God has forgiven me before. We are sinners. We do not deserve God's mercy. We are not worthy to be saved. But.... God showed His mercy and forgive us anyway. It is still questionable indeed, yet that is God's unconditional love for you and me. 


Here is a great song about "Forgiveness". Do check it out. It really inspires me a lot. Every time I cannot forgive my enemies, I always listen to this song. I also add a background why Matthew West wrote this amazing song.

To end my story, I would give you the same questions I asked to myself before:
1. How deep and meaningful God's forgiveness to our life?
2. How would you react to this truth? What will you do next?

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you"
Lewis B. Smedes*

*more quotes from Lewis about "Forgiveness" 

Have a great day!
God bless you.

Cheers,
BB 

2 comments:

  1. Very inspring blog. Keep inspiring the other no matter what they say. May God blesses you and your family more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you can be a blessing as well. :)

      Delete