Sunday, July 27, 2014

Importance of Prayer

"A true prayer is about communication with God"

That statement would come across my mind if I were asked what prayer is all about.

There is no exact knowledge or rule on how we should behave while we are praying because prayer is about communication with God. It is about maintaining intimacy. It is about our heart.



Let us see what God says about prayer. There are many verses talking about prayer, for instance, we can see from James 5:13-16 (ESV) under a title of "The Prayer of Faith". 

Then we jump directly to verse 16b, you will see a common verse,

"...The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." 

Moreover, we can connect this verse with Matthew 11:28 (ESV),
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 

Yes, we can come to Him through prayers. God has given us a free-and-easy "tool" to communicate with Him. You can do it everytime and everywhere.


I am not going to tell you what you should say, this time I just want to share what I have experienced before.
Yes, you can trust your best friends or your closest people; apparently only some of them care and have sympathy to you. Most likely, they neglect your story.

Right now, I always try to let God intervene in my whole life, even the smallest aspects. I realize that I am weak and nothing, so I often communicate with God in every moment of my life through prayer. I truly believe through prayers alone, God helps and keeps His promises to me that I can have His eternal peace that comforts me like never before (Philippians 4:7)

Let us pray, and pray, and pray!
Make it your habit! Build your intimacy with God.
Lastly, Enjoy your quiet time with God!


This is a great 50-minutes-sermon from Ps. Philip Mantofa. This sermon will tell you how to pray correctly and biblically. It is in Bahasa anyway, and I got this from a friend of mine. Check it out!

Have a joyful day friends!
God bless you!

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment