Friday, August 8, 2014

Guilty Pleasure

If you know me thoroughly, you may find out that I love an amicable relationship, or a phlegmatic person if you will. Believe it or not. :)

The very reason I do like that is simply because I want to maintain a long relationship with every person I encounter or meet up.

The most simple manner is just say "Sorry" every time you make faults. It is not difficult, is it? Even to the smallest matters, I often say this "magical" word because I am too scared to break the relationship with people whom I love.

I do believe we are taught to say "Sorry" since we were a kid by our parent.


However,
Do you say sorry to God when you make mistakes? Do you feel guilty when you make blunders?

Or...

Do you feel comfortable with your mistakes?
Do you think it is OK?

If you tend to feel the second statements, then it will be an immense and serious problem.


Today's post instructs us on how to respond to our mistakes or sins or transgressions rightly. Customarily, I would like to associate my story with God's words. The bible story is taken from Psalms 51 and 2 Samuel 12:1-7. The story is about King David's repentance on his enormous sins. Please read the whole story conscientiously, so you can have a a better understanding.

The main idea of this story is how Nathan, the prophet, reminded King David on his sins. However King David felt comfortable and did not feel guilty until the illustration given to him about rich and poor man.

I would say this story is still relevant up to now. I found friends of mine did not want to serve God because they feel unworthy before God.
They felt that they do not deserve God's mercy and forgiveness.


King David is a great role model of this situation. David teaches us on how to feel guilty for our sins and transgressions. He also advises us to say "Sorry" to God sincerely. As long as you confess your sins honestly before Him, I really believe God will see your deepest hearts and will forgive you. Moreover, He has died for you on the cross and He has paid everything for your sins. Right?

Feel guilty and say sorry to God!

Let us confess our sins frankly and ask God to change our heart and mind!

Ask for His mercy and forgiveness!

Listen to His voice through every medium He may use such as your friends, your families, and your surroundings.



Have a great day!
God bless!


BB

Credited to Benny Solihin (Bahasa).

No comments:

Post a Comment