Saturday, February 1, 2014

CNY 2014 Special Edition: "Telescope" for the World

"Telescope" for the World


"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving."
(Psalms 69:30 - KJV) 

Welcome back to my blog. I hope this post finds you well :)

How about your Chinese New Year Celebration? It must be great for sure, mustn't it?
Now, I am going to share what I have got from www.desiringgod.org 
Once I ever heard about this sermon "Magnifying God" (not exactly the same), it blessed me abundantly. Therefore, I will use this opportunity to share what God had shared to me. I hope you enjoy and feel overflowing blessings of God.

The word "magnify" can be used in two different senses.


It can mean: make something appear greater than it is, as with a microscope or a magnifying glass.
Or... 

It can mean: make something that may seem small or insignificant appear to be as great as it really is. This is what our great telescopes help us begin to do with the magnificent universe.

So there are two kinds of magnifying: microscope magnifying and telescope magnifying. The one makes a small thing look bigger than it is. The other makes a big thing begin to look as big as it really is.

When David says, "I will magnify God with thanksgiving," he does not mean: "I will make a small God look bigger than He is. He means: "I will make a big God begin to look as big as He really is." 
We are not called to be microscopes, but telescopes. There is nothing and nobody superior to God. And so the calling of those who love God is to make His greatness begin to look as great as it really is. 
Feel, think, and act in a way that will make God look as great as he really is. 

Be a telescope for the world!

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Through this opportunity, I would also say Happy Chinese New Year 2014!
Happy Sunday! God Bless You 

Brian Bernadi
brian.bernadi@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment