Saturday, March 29, 2014

Do Not Bother Yourself, God!

One day, I met a man who was in a difficulty brought many books in his hands. Assuming he would need a favor, I offered a help for him. Nevertheless, he said immediately, "Oh, do not bother yourself. I could do it."

"Wow, he was so strong. I wonder I can say so as well." he murmured in his heart. His ability to take up his burdens by himself imprints a strong impression in my life. Personally, "Not will be impressive as well if we uttered to good God, "Do not bother yourself, God! I can handle it?"

It will not. This "politeness" is not necessary in relation with God. When someone states, "Do not bother yourself, God" this means he / she relies or depends on their own power.

Bible warns us to neglect that attitude;
"Then they will leave like the wind and go on to fight against other places. The only thing the Babylonians worship is their own strength.”
 (Habakkuk 1:11-ERV)


Probably, nowadays, our Father in Heaven is standing in front of your door's heart. Because of His great compassion, He knocks it. Listening to His knocking, we realize that there are still messes inside our heart and we panicked, "Oh my God, He has come. He will see this mess and think that I am not responsible over my life!" Then, we are busy to set up here and there with an effort to rearrange our life. We ask God to hold on and say "Yes God, wait a minute, I need to set up some things first."

However, amazingly, we are not obliged to do that!

God is omnipresent. He already knows our mess, even before He came in and set up our life. He wants us to embroil Him in every detail of our life, even in every small decision.

So, the prayer will be, "Come in God, you see, ehm, I have made a mess here and there. I am sorry, God. Come in and please set up everything."

At that moment, we rely on His power, not our own power and strength.



God Bless You!
Brian Bernadi

No comments:

Post a Comment